Frequently Asked Questions
- How may I contact the company?
- Stephanie Herseth Sandlin
General Counsel & Vice President Corporate Development, Corporate Secretary
(605) 336-2750 Stephen Brazones
Vice President, Chief Financial Officer and Treasurer
(605) 336-2750 Karen M. Iversen
Shareowner Relations Contact
The office is setup to provide information regarding Shareowner relations, inquiries, requests for information and quarterly/news release information.
For questions concerning your account, change of address, stock certificates, dividends, transfer of ownership and other stock related matters contact our Transfer Agent:
Wells Fargo Bank, N.A.
1110 Centro Pointe Curve
Mendota Heights, MN
Phone: (800) 468-9716
Fax: (651) 450-4033
- Where is Raven Industries, Inc. headquartered?
- Raven Industries, Inc.
205 E. 6th Street
Sioux Falls, SD 57104
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 5107
Sioux Falls, SD 57117-5107
Incorporated in South Dakota in 1956.
Phone: (605) 336-2750
- On what exchange is Raven Industries, Inc. traded and what is your symbol?
- Raven Industries, Inc. is traded on the Nasdaq Global Select Market under the symbol RAVN.
- When do your fiscal quarters end?
- Raven's fiscal year runs from February 1st through January 31st.
First quarter ending 4/30
Second quarter ending 7/31
Third quarter ending 10/31
Fourth quarter ending 1/31
- Do you broadcast your quarterly conference calls over the Internet?
- Yes. Typically we have a conference call the day of our earnings release at 9:00 a.m. CST. Click here to access the webcast.
- Does Raven Industries, Inc. offer a Dividend Reinvestment Plan as well as direct deposit of dividends?
- As a shareholder of Raven Industries, Inc. (you must currently hold shares) you are entitled to acquire additional Raven Industries common stock through a Dividend Reinvestment Plan offered and administered by our Transfer Agent Wells Fargo Bank Minnesota, N.A.. The automatic dividend reinvestment feature of the Plan enables you to have your quarterly dividend invested in additional shares of the Company's common stock. The Plan also offers a simple procedure for the optional purchase of additional Raven Industries shares.
Raven also offers shareholders direct deposit of dividends. For further information and enrollment forms for either of these programs contact Karen Iversen at firstname.lastname@example.org or our Transfer Agent.
- What is the tax character of the special dividend paid on September 30, 2010?
- The entire special dividend was taxable to the recipients as the company had sufficient earnings and profits in which to pay the dividend from. Additionally, the timing of the dividend allowed the recipient to be taxed at rates applicable to long-term capital gains as long as specific holding period requriements were met. These rates ranged from 0% to 15%.
- What is Raven Industries, Inc. stock split history?
- 5 for 1 September 1, 1963
2 for 1 December 15, 1966
2 for 1 December 10, 1967
2 for 1 July 14, 1989
3 for 2 October 15, 1992
3 for 2 July 13, 2001
2 for 1 January 15, 2003
2 for 1 October 15, 2004
2 for 1 July 25, 2012
For further information on the 2 for 1 split on July 25, 2012 click here for FAQ's.
IRS FORM 8937 click here.
5% Stock Dividends were issued on:
May 30, 1980
December 5, 1980
July 15, 1981
January 15, 1982
July 15, 1982
January 14, 1983